One of the most common reasons why a laptop screen goes black is because of impact damage. This can happen when the laptop is accidentally dropped or bumped into.
- Apart from a cracked screen & display chip damage, the whole monitor goes black and doesn't respond when turned on.
- If the damage is superficial, you can get away with simple screen replacement... Get a replacement screen from Ebay and install it in place of your damaged laptop screen.
- I've done this on laptops ranging from Dell, HP, Acer and Toshiba. Just make sure you get a screen that's compatible with the monitor size & cable connectors of your current laptop.
- Think of the backlight as a thin fluorescent tubelight that powers up the monitor screen. Most backlight bulbs have a lifespan of 3, 5 or 7 years but you might notice the screen go dim & dark as early as 2-3 years.
- A failing backlight can also give out a pinkish hue which means all the colors on your screen become pink.